CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 9, 2011

just a dose of messiness.

Most of my post have a point or a story.
This one does not. 
It's just about our whole week in general. 

Casey has Mondays off so our week technically starts on Tuesdays.
Tuesday we had to get 6 shots. Princess was not too happy. So it turned into a snuggle day.
Wednesday wasnt much too it, like most of our days. We found out Lainey is anemic, which means she has low iron. Which didn't come as much of a surprise, since I've had iron issues all of my life. We took a nice long stroll around the neighborhood that night. Which was nice. It's nice to get out of the house & do something together as a family. Even if it's just something as simple as walking.
Thursday we played ALL DAY LONG. It was a serious, serious play day. Lainey loves to be chased. I think it gives her a little adrenaline rush, it delights her. Im not too sure if it's a good thing or not. I'll probably be the mom with the "bad influence" child, trying to talk everyone else's kids into jumping off the top of the playground with her. Thursday night we cooked lasagna for supper. (This wasnt the only night i cooked,it's just the only meal i can remember right this second.) Able & Tiffany came over and we watched the Saints game until everyone fell asleep. Today is Friday. We are currently watching Calliou, cooking corndogs, & making a grocery list. Tomorrow is Lainey's birthday party!!! Me&Casey are good little party hosts. Whenever we have people over we like to cook. We also like to have plenty of little party foods. So tonight while daddy is playing X-Box, Mommy will be making monster cookies, a chocolate chip cheese ball, & I'm not even sure what else. I really love to do it. If i could only make Abby Cadabby cookies. 
Abby Cadabby is Lainey's party theme. She's a little fairy from Sesame Street. She has a raspy voice & CANNOT carry a tune in a bucket.  However, my child is fascinated by her. I have an App on my phone just of her songs. Abby can resolve even the severest of fits in this house. Some nights, she even puts Lainey to sleep. This is what Abby looks like: 

\





I wish I could say that this is Lainey's gorgeous, perfect birthday cake. But it's not, it clearly says Jamie on it. No really, Her cake will probably be hideous. We waited until Wednesday to even put the cake order in. Why, I have no idea. My husband has so much confidence in the base's commissary, so that is who is making her cake. They did however agree to charge us just $3.00 for her little smash cake.I just pray it's decent. I will always be a perfectionist when it comes to my kids. Abby is a fairy & I wanted so bad to get her a little tu-tu & maybe even wings. Lainey is the only little girl around here though, all her friends are boys. So, I figured all the mom's would be like "WHAT does she have that kid wearing!". We opted for a little halter top outfit. Maybe she'll act decent for at least a few pictures. 
Sunday will be a clean the house until it's spotless day. & Monday my best friend is coming to visit! I am beyond excited. I'm just ready to laugh with her. Finally spend time with someone who finds the same things funny as I do. Maybe we can go take some one year pictures of Lainey. I just cant bring myself to pay for a 30 minute photo session where she may, or may not throw a fit, or take half decent pictures. When I could just do it for free. Expect a post soon with the (hopefully decent) birthday pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I was the same way about about pics... Google walmart, sears, etc. and find one that doesnt charge a sitting fee... That way if she doesnt like it and dont do good you can just order one or two... but if she loves it and does awesome you can order the cd!! Also sometimes they have birthday specials and I know sears does military discount!!! Get that baby some pictures made!!! =) I hope she has a great party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I love that first picture up there. I haven't done professional photos since my kids were babies... I love all the spontanious ones we have instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really beautiful family you have! You seem like such a great mom! Thanks for sharing!

    I'm just stopping by from Bloggy Moms

    When you have a chance, please come and meet us over at voiceBoks.com. It is a great site that allows women to engage and really connect with each other. You won't find the same unpromising atmosphere that you normally do elsewhere. Our site allows you to gain INSTANT followers (yes, they really do follow, you'll see), INCREASE YOUR TRAFFIC, and have a chance to connect with some great women. The traffic we generate for our members is usually VERY good considering we're a fairly new site. In just 1 month after our relaunch, we accumulated over 18,000 posts and 365,500 page visits! Please come take a look and I guarantee you will be impressed with the results.

    You may also check out these sites for testimonials of our site:

    Best Social Network of the Year

    A Great Blogging Community for Moms

    and... Top 10 Blogs for Work at Home Moms

    Hope to see you there!

    Sincerely,

    Lexie Lane
    www.voiceboks.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers