CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 22, 2011

saw this on a friends blog. so, ill give it a try.

1. TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY.
We're the Dale's. Just a little blonde haired, blue-eyed, big hearted family. We're currently hundreds & hundreds of miles from any of our family. But we do it for everyone's freedom & it continues to make us a stronger family by the day. My husband is my highschool sweetheart & God made us for each other. Our daughters name is Lainey. She has the most beautiful eyes & the most outgoing personality I've ever seen a one year old have. Our second child will be born in December, He has no name yet. We are about to go threw (& survive) our first deployment. We like to eat supper together every night. We all sleep in the same bed. & We all say our prayers, more than once, daily.

2. WHY DO YOU BLOG?
Well, to be honest, I don't know. I have no friends or family that does it. I just saw a "mommy blog" one day & figured why not? Now I'm a blogger. Our family doesn't really get to ever see Lainey besides via Facebook, so it's just another way for them to see into her life a bit more. Also, I use it to vent. Sometimes to just get out a little creative expression. I think it's healthy for every soul to be creative once in awhile. I cant sing, or paint, but I can type. I think that sums it up.

3. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PARENTING? (OLD SCHOOL, STRICT, LAID BACK, ETC.)
I don't label my parenting. Not yet anyways. Lainey & I are growing, learning, & mending daily.  When she was born I had never even changed a diaper. I know that I will be a paranoid parent, that is evident. It's hard for me to even go to the grocery store & leave her here with her own father. Not that I don't trust him or question his parental abilities, but she is my world. Also, I know that if anything were to happen to her and if she wasn't with me, I would blame myself & not the person who was caring for her at the time. That's just how I am.  Some say everything changes with your second child, & I can imagine that it will. Maybe then I will be more laid back. Have the "worry after it happens" mentality that I've seen some parents have.  I do know that I will never like my children to be around water, & I will always have a fear of them choking. A year ago, I never would've known that. So ask me this question in a year & I may have a complete different opinion.

4. WHAT WAS YOUR HARDEST ADJUSTMENT TO BECOMING A NEW PARENT?
I didn't have a "hardest". To me, its just things that you suck up & get over it.
examples: Not enough sleep? Your baby needed you to put her to sleep.
Cant go out with your friends? you're a mom, you don't get to go out.
Cant wash your hair everyday? I'd give up every bit of my hair, just for my child to be happy.
My daughter instantly became my life the very second I held her in my arms. My selfish, carefree, stubborn life was over. I live for her, for her happiness.  There are times where I will see pictures of my friends on facebook & they'll be out at the bar, or just hanging out & I do have moments where I wish I could be with them. But then I look at my daughter & I know that the love I have with her is something that they don't have. So, in reality, Im not missing out on anything. I have it all.

5. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU A UNIQUE PARENT?
Not yet I don't think. Like I mentioned above, we're changing everyday. Not having my little girl on a schedule is probably the most unique thing I've done. I pretty much play it by the book, as of now.


6.WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IS THE GREATEST JOY OF BEING A PARENT?
Everything. every smile, every "mama", every bathtime, every bedtime.  I cannot wait to spend the next 20 years raising my children. Watching them grow into what they will be. Teaching them everything from walking,  to tee-teeing in the potty, to loving our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. All of the Christmases, Birthdays, Halloweens. I cant single out one "greatest joy". Because it's an everyday thing. It's a 24/7 job & it pays out happiness, joy, & love. I absolutely love being Lainey's mother. & I cant wait to be "new baby's" mommy too.
7.ANY PARENTAL ADVICE?
Don't complain when older, experienced parents give you advice about your child. I love to listen to stories & advice form anyone. Every piece of advice is different & usually people speak from experience. I will never stop learning in my life. Every day presents a new task, a new experience, new knowledge.  You don't have to follow the advice people give you. But always take everything into consideration. It's always different from the outside looking in.  

good night & god bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers